Wednesday 26 October 2016

Review: Battlefront Romanian Infantry Platoon (RO702)

History:
The Romanian Infantry like much of the Romanian army were issued with Czech equipment. The rifle used was the ZB 1924. It fired a standard 7.92mm round. Each section was also equipped with a ZB 1930 Machine Gun.

Review:
This blister is the usual offering from Battlefront. It containers everything you need for a Romanian Infantry platoon for a Batalian Puscasi. That is 4 squads each of 2 stands of 5 figures and a command stand. Included are 8 medium and 1 small base. The pack contains an officer, a tank hunter, 5 NCOs, 4 MGs, 32 rifles. The blister was complete when I opened it up.

The BF blister.
As I pulled out the figures and started to sort them into poses as I always do, I found there was a guy with a missing arm. I put him aside thinking he was a miss-cast. I then continued to go through the pile until I found 3 more. Were they all miss cast? I then noticed 4 arms, each holding a rifle. They are multi-part figures! I have been playing FOW and painting BF figures for years and I have only come across this once before - and never with infantry models. The good news is that with 30 seconds work, they are easy to glue into a reasonably useful pose. I just cannot work out why. Perhaps the figure couldn't be cast as one piece?

The two piece cast. Extreme close ups equal no place to hide from painting mistakes!

Aside from the one-armed men, the pack was full of nicely cast models with very little flash. What I really liked is that each base is designed for 5 models, I chose to use just 4, so I have 8 figures left. I pulled out a spare base so I can have an EW compliant 10 stand platoon.

Painting:
Earlier this month, I painted up a small batch of these same troops. The post is here. I used the same painting scheme.

Here are the photos. I hope you enjoy my first full infantry platoon. Please feel free to leave comments. Especially if you can shed some light on the one armed bandits!

The full platoon


Close up of an NCO leading his squad.
Platoon defending a wall.
Forward men!
Close up of stand. Notice the bandit on the right of the base!
Platoon Commander.





No comments:

Post a Comment