Thursday 27 October 2016

Review and unboxing: Battlefront Mosque (BB178)

The MW desert reboot is coming!!

If you read my recent why we fight podcast review, you will know that version 4 is coming. Also coming is the relaunch of the mid war period starting in the desert. Both of these things have got me very excited.

My first army was a US MW army and the desert and MW are still my favorite period. When I started playing flames or war, it was simpler to simply collect a European table of terrain. Now, with v4 and the desert reboot, now is the time to start putting together my desert table. I have collected a few items and I will be picking up some more in coming months. I really hope that Battlefront release some new pieces with their desert releases. Fingers crossed!

Review and Un-boxing:
One of the pieces I want my table to feature is the Mosque that Battlefront recently released for the Arab Israeli period. It will work well for a WW2 desert table too. It is a fairly big piece so, a good piece to start with.

Here are my pictures and comments as I unbox the Mosque.

The box.

Inside is a foam-wrapped package.

Individually wrapped pieces

Mosque components.

The pack also contains a Minaret

Building pieces and Minaret

And the complete Mosque and Minaret ready for the table.
The Mosque is large enough to house 4 medium bases. There is also some room on top around the dome for some small bases.

This is my first piece of Battlefield in a base desert terrain and it is a beauty. The model is made from solid resin. Mine was very well packed as you can see above and arrived to me with zero damage. Like all Battlefield in a box pieces, it is fully painted, fully assembled and table ready. Including taking photos, I had mine out of the box and table ready in 5 minutes.

The dome on the building and the Minaret are a bold gold/brass colour and really stand out from the white walls. It will also stand out on a desert board too. The roof is cast with a small crate that serves as a hold so it can be easily removed and figures placed in side. Inside, there is a nicely detailed patterned floor that really adds another level to the building.

The only minor quibble I have is the crescent for the dome. It is quite a long piece and I expect it will break first. However the dome looks perfectly good without it so no big deal. Overall, I give this box 9 out of 10.

The model is currently on sale on the Flames Of War site for $37.50 USD. Here is the link. Overall, I think this is excellent value, especially as it is on sale. I think mine was $60 AU and I consider this a pretty good deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment