Thursday 17 November 2016

Un-Boxing and Review: Battlefront Panzertruppen Book (TY502)

This is more of an un-bagging than an un-boxing but you get the idea....

Today I picked up the new Panzertruppen West Germans in World War III book. It seems that my local game stores has just had a restock of BF stuff. 

Cover of the booklet
I wont lie, initially when I picked up this very thin volume, I thought it was overpriced at $18. In Australia this is basically the cost of a TY vehicle. 

Looking through it at home though, I have changed my mind. The booklet basically allows you to run 3 new companies - A Leopard I company, an M113 Panzer Grenadier Company and a Fuchs Panzer Aufklurungs company. This adds to the 2 companies possible from the Leopard book. Whats more, they can be run in a combination with the 2 lists from Leopard. 

Not bad!

The book itself is a mere 12 pages long but is the same high quality publication as you can now expect from Battlefront. The book contains only what is new. All of the units contained in Leopard are not repeated here. You will therefore need the original Leopard book to make use of this.

Finally, the book comes with a set of 10 new cards to cover the new options.

10 Cards included
And I couldn't resist the temptation to write a crazy Leopard I list. Here it is.

Company 1
HQ Leopard I - 3 Points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
4 Gepards - 10 points
Total - 49

Company 2
HQ Leopard I - 3 Points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
3 Leopard I - 9 points
2 Luchs Spah - 1 point
2 Luchs Spah - 1 Point
4 Gepards - 10 points
Total - 51

So 26 Leopards, 4 Luchs and 8 Gepards.

Not good, but fun.

I hope you enjoyed this review!



2 comments:

  1. Thanks Paul - definately going to get this list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A must have fior every decerning WG general

    ReplyDelete