Friday 4 November 2016

Review and Unboxing - Battlefront Mosque Walls (BB179)

A little while back I reviewed the Battlefront Battlefield in a Box Mosque here. The Mosque was pretty impressive alone but Battlefront have also released a box of walls to complete the set. Here is my review of the walls. At the end I also have pictures of the 2 sets together.

Review:
The box is inline with the high standard you can come to expect from Battlefront Battlefield in a box. You can see the contents on the back and a picture of the components on the cover with appropriate supporting models. My box was $32 Australian dollars. Although designed for the Arab Israeli period, it will work for WW2.

The box
Taking the plastic off and opening the box, the contents seem really well packed and secure in the foam insert. There are 4 walls, each 3.5cm high. There is also 2 gates and a Minaret. The Minaret is a match for the one supplied in the Mosque set.

The walls and Minaret in their foam protection.
The Battlefront packaging for the Battlefield in a box has come a long way. I purchased the old eastern front buildings when they were released and they came in a cardboard box without bubble wrap. Result - chipped resin. I am pleased to say that this packaging is light years ahead of the old eastern front buildings.

Contents of the box arrayed.
All of my components made it to me unscathed. Best of all the packaging looks like it will be ideal to carry and store my set. This should keep it in good condition until someone drops it at a tournament!   :)

Here are the contents assembled more coherently.
The set as seen in the picture above is probably not much use without another largish model in the middle. The walls are high (taller than a 15mm figure) and seem way to grand for anything other than a centerpiece (like the Mosque). Not a problem as such but it is not really a stand alone terrain piece.

That said, this is top notch terrain. As always with Battlefield in a box, it is fully assembled, fully painted and ready for the table. The models are nicely painted and best of all, blend in with the rest of Battlefronts desert buildings. I particularly like the battle scars in evidence on the walls. A small touch but one that really adds some realism to the terrain and makes is look like it belongs on the battlefield.

Here are some closeups of the components:

One of the gate pieces between 2 walls.

A Minaret

And, there is no point having the 2 boxes without some pictures of them together. Here is the Mosque and the Mosque Walls together.

The Mosque in all it's glory.
A close up of the front of the Mosque behind the walls.
I think combining the sets really brings the model to life. I think this will look great on my table. I am one more step closer to that MW desert table. C'mon Battlefront, where is version 4!?

I hope you enjoyed this post. I have been travelling this week and haven't had any real hobby time to paint, model or blog. However, the Hasty Attack blog has passed 5000 hits while I wasn't watching. It seems there are some people reading it. Please feel free to leave comments.

2 comments:

  1. Desert terrain fits my two favourite periods, mid war North Africa and the 6 day war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So does that make you a desert Elven Princess?
      Yep, pretty versatile. I really hope BF bring out more desert terrain for MW.

      Delete