Sunday 20 November 2016

List Construction - West Germans for Team Yankee.

You will have seen from recent posts I am working on my West German force for Team Yankee.

To recap, I have reviewed the PanzerTruppen booklet here, worked out a paint scheme here and reviewed my first box of Leopard IIs here.

I want to make sure I am collecting and painting to a plan. Boring, yes but I like working on a plan. 100 points seems like a lot of models to paint. So, I thought I would try to work up a 60 point list to start with.

Let the list noodling begin!!

I am looking for reasonable rounded lists that will allow me to try a few different things. I will start with single company lists. Lets try for 3 different companies. My only other criteria is that I include some Leopard 2s because they are cool and the only models I have assembled so far.

List 1 - Leopard 2 Company

HQ - 1 Leopard 2 - 11
3 Leopard 2 - 33
Short Marder Panzer Gren Platoon - 4
2 Luch - 1
2 Luch - 1
4 Gepards - 10
Total 60 points

I think this list has too many points tied up in leopards. I could drop the platoon down to 2 Leopards but then a single loss will see the platoon testing.

List 2 - Panzeraufklarungs Company

HQ - 1 Leopard 1
2 Luchs - 1
2 Luchs - 1
2 Luchs - 1
3 Leopard 1s - 9
3 Leopard 2s - 33
4 Gepards - 10
2 Fliegerfaust Gruppe -2

I think this list is better but it is not as well rounded as I would like. Also there is only 1 company that allows this many Luchs.

List 3 - Marder Panzer  Grenadier Company

HQ - 1ic in a Marder - 1
Full Marder Panzer Grenadier Platoon - 7
3 Leopard 2 - 33
3 M113 Panzermorser platoon - 3
2 Luchs - 1
3 Jaguar 2s - 5
4 Gepards - 10
Total - 60 

I like this one. It feels like it can cover most bases. Several sources of good AT, some AA, a full infantry platoon, some recce and a template. I think this is where I will start.

I hope you enjoyed my noodling. If you have a better 60 point list, please share it. I would love to see some more ideas.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Paul, interesting thinking. The West Germans are a real challenge for list construction. My solution is just to go large!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a good option. I expect my preferences will change completely once I play some games

    ReplyDelete