Friday 23 December 2016

AAR: Romanian Infantry vs Gep. Panzergrenadiers (EW).



As I have been painting up my Romanian army, Mitch - one of my local gaming mates has been painting up his own. As I am yet to blood my new army, I asked him to share an AAR of his recent game against another local gaming mate - Ross. What follows is Mitch's pics and comments. I have only formatted the pics slightly and added the occasional unhelpful editors comments.  :)

The Guys played EW Romanian Infantry and Gep. Panzergrenadiers in Free for all.

thanks to Mitch and Ross for sharing!



The table at setup.


Ross' 1st roll for priority air. (Ed - They would be on in version 4).


Hunting for German recon, this engagement lasted several turns with the R2s finally knocking out the last German armoured car.


And Ross' 2nd roll for priority air



Ross prepares to assault my left flank.


It is starting to get tense as Ross cleaned out my infantry in the Forrest.


German air finally arrives only to miss it's target (Ed - The placement was so well measured. How could it miss?!?!)


The armoured cars and R2 tanks close in on Ross' objective. At this point I've also managed to range in on his infantry to keep them pinned down. (Ed - Note the objective precariously perched on the rail line).


On the other side, Ross has made it onto a Romanian objective (Ed - The Chaffee) but Romanian firepower manages to save the day and break the attacking platoon.




The Armour has cleared German resistance and have closed in on the objective.




Tanks move on the 2ic





Meanwhile the same fate meets the 1ic and the Germans are broken. 6-1 to the Romanians.



I hope you enjoyed this report.

No comments:

Post a Comment