Wednesday 25 October 2017

V4 Tournament Report: Early War GT - Hall of Heroes

Today I share some photos and a summary of the first EW V4 event in Sydney


This report is a little overdue. One thing has lead to another and I have somehow missed writing this post.


The Early War GT was held at the Hall of Heroes Campbelltown on the 10th and 11th June. There was a keen but small group of players. As usual the Hall put on nice looking tables, foot and freshly made coffee.


There was a good range of forces on display with armies from the Eastern Front, Western Front, the Desert and even Japanese. It was good to see some interesting and new forces assembled for the new V4 rules.


This was my first V4 tournament and I frankly had no idea what to use so I went with something familiar. I took Strelkovy. I played against Japanese infantry, French Infantry with British allies, German Grenadiers, A Matilda Company and a DAK infantry force.


The tournament used the then current mission pack. The mission and the attacker was selected by comparing the stances of each army and rolling off on the relevant table. The event was held prior to the new victory condition changes.



In my 5 games, I selected the attack stance each time. I think that the game favors the attacker and I think this is one of the best changes that have been brought about in V4. Defenders cannot win by simply holding the objective.


In 4 of the games, my games finished with result. In the last round, where 2 large infantry forces faced off, we played a dozen turns or more but ended in a draw. One of the criticisms of V4 is that the games can result in stand off draws. This wasn't what I experienced this in this event.


It is still early days for the new V4 rules for the EW and LW period but the event was good fun and I look forward to playing more games.


I hope you enjoyed this report.


























No comments:

Post a Comment