Friday 24 February 2017

Treasures from the Top Drawer - Part Two - FIB Nebs

So earlier in the week, I shared my first Treasures from the Top Drawer post. Here is another.

Unit assembled.
I picked these up a while back. At the time, Battlefront were having issues with meeting supply and it seemed a good opportunity to try another manufacture's wares. I went with Forged in Battle (FIB). FIB have a good range of German, Russian, British and American WWII figures. FIB are probably most well known for the bases that are cast onto their vehicles. This has polarized the FOW community; who knew that based tanks could cause so much angst. Ironically, most Bolt Action players seem to go out of their way to base up their vehicles. I for one don't mind the bases, they serve as an additional area to decorate. Thankfully the FIB ones are smaller so don't really interrupt placement of vehicles. Bases aside, their range is good. Their website is here. Check them out!


Pretty sure the chap at the front is from BF.

The figures themselves are very nice. The crew are slightly larger than BF standard models but otherwise very well proportioned. The detail is crisp and the figures are well cast. From memory, there wasn't any major cleanup required. I suspect there is a figure or two in the mix that are BF crew. I am not sure though, it has been a while. The observer team is definitely from BF.

Crew reloading.
The smoke launchers are slightly smaller than the BF equivalent but are just as well sculpted. The trail is cast as one piece and from memory, the launcher is another separate piece. Not much assembly required. These models look great - you wouldn't be able to mix these with BF nebs in the same unit though.

Close up.
When these were relegated to the top drawer, the figures were glued to the base (which I provided from my spares box) and everything was undercoated black. I have simply painted them in my current method. I have done some work on the basing and I like the scheme. There is a mix of three different products there.

Rear shot
I hope you enjoyed the review. Stay tuned for future tales of Treasures from the Top Drawer.


View from the Cherry picker.
Side shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment