Tuesday 17 January 2017

Review: Battlefront Large Desert Building (BB134)


Today I review the Battlefront (BF) Battlefield in a Box Large Desert Building.

You will recall from my Not a News Years Resolution post and my Previous Mosque Posts 1 and Post 2, that I am working on my first desert table. I want to have it ready in time to throw myself headlong into some MW gaming as part of the v4 reboot.


With that in mind, I recently picked up some more desert buildings. I am pretty sure that this building has been around for a while and has simply been reproduced. However, I might have this completely wrong. What I can confirm is that these are available on the Battlefront website for US$26.


The packaging is the usual BF standard. The cardboard box has a picture of the contents. Inside is a foam box with a cut out for the building and the well. The building is in 3 pieces and the well 1. All pieces made it to me free of damage.




The pieces are the usual resin. The finish of the outside of the building is reminiscent of the other pieces in the desert range. Again, like the Mosque pieces, there are battle scars on the outside. 2 sets of roof pieces can be removed to allow stands to be placed inside and on top of the building. The building is covered in little touches that really set the piece off such as stair cases, barrels, cases and battle damage. Taking off the roof pieces, the interior is all brown. There is no finishing to the interior walls or floor. No big deal for a wargaming piece.



The well is a nice little vignette. It could go virtually anywhere on the table. Just like similarly sized European fountains in the walls box, this piece will add some colour to the table.


From a gaming point of view, this set will be great. The ability to put troops inside is to be the 1st criteria for a building. After that it needs to look good and it does. Finally, this came out of the box table ready. What is not to like? Well done Battlefront – another winner.



I hope you enjoyed this review!


2 comments:

  1. I have had this piece for several years and it is one of my favorite desert pieces. If I want to be really picky and complain about it I would say all buildings need a blind side with no doors or windows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. From a game point of view I really hate the " I will shoot that stand from the building" only to notice there is no window or door.
    It is a nice piece and I have been eyeing it off for a while.

    ReplyDelete