Saturday 14 January 2017

Review: Back 2 Base-ix - The Rack




Today I review the Back to Base-ix paint rack.

I have put off for years buying a paints rack. Initially it was because I only had a few paints, later it was because I thought I would rather buy figures than a paints rack. However now that my painting time is more limited, I don't want to spend it looking for a particular paint. I would rather spend it painting.

The rack is what I ended up with. I went for the large straight section in acrylic. Here is the link for the suppliers website. It was just under AU$40.

The rack arrived well packed in a box that looks like it was designed just for that purpose.



Here are the contents I found when I opened the package. It looks really well packed!



And it was. I sorted out the pieces looking for the instructions. There were none!



Rather than conform to gender stereotypes and assemble without instructions, I looked up the website and the instructions were on the front page. In fact there was a how to video. It can be found here. The video made assembly really quick. All the necessary pieces were present and went together really well. The assembly itself took about 15 minutes. Frustratingly, it took probably twice this long to remove the paper wrap on both sides of the perspex. All in all though, a rewarding process.


This particular unit is designed for Vajello paints and will hold 53 bottles either right way up or upside down. It will also hold a large number of paint brushes.

This unit is designed to be modular and fit along side other components from the back to base-ix website. For now I am very happy with my new paint rack. Sadly it wont make me a better painter, however it should make me a more organised painter.

I hope you enjoyed the review!





No comments:

Post a Comment