Saturday 8 July 2017

Review: Zvezda Lee


Today I review the recently release Lee from Zvezda. Per the standard from Zvezda, the Lee is packaged one to a box. However rather than a single frame, the box contains 2 frames with the parts for the vehicle. The frames come packaged in a plastic bag with a double sided instruction sheet. The instructions are pretty easy to follow, even if there are significantly more parts than is usual with a Zvezda model.




I clipped all the parts and removed mould lines. This is where I started to have problems. The 37mm gun is very fragile and I broke mine in half removing it from the frame.



I then starting assembling the model. I am not the best modeler in the world but after assembly, I was left with significant gaps between panels. I expect that future ones would go together better but I am not impressed by the model. The traditional strength of Zvezda models has always been low cost, low part count, straightforward models. Whilst this is at a low cost, I don't see this as a straightforward model and it is certainly not a low part-count model.



I had to raid the parts box for a gun barrel to replace the one I broke during assembly.



Overall, the level of detail is good. I think what detail there is is crisp and to the normal Zvezda standard. Like normal, the detail is simplified and not oversize in the way that Battlefront is.



I picked up this model as a trial. I expected to eventually buy 20 or so for a Russian force if this first one went well. I wont be rushing out to buy another 19 at this stage.

I hope you enjoyed this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment