Monday 27 March 2017

Review: Battlefront Oberst Rettemeier in Panzer IIIJ (GE886)

Today I review a hero no longer available in V4.


Why is he reviewing a warrior that cannot be taken I hear you ask? Well this is one of those beautiful one-off warrior figures that are nicely designed and perfect to lead my new MW desert Panzer force.


The Oberst Rettemeier hero was available in the V2 book North Africa. He could also be used in V3. Sadly there are no warriors in V4 MW yet. I don't know if there will be down the track either. The figure is available in the on-line store. If you want to know more about the man and the model, there is also a spotlight.


Regular readers will know I reviewed the Battlefront Panzer IIIJ here. The review will provide a brief history of the Panzer III. The Panzer IIIJ in that review will be my 2ic.



So onto the review. The model comes with a resin hull and turret, 2 metal tracks, a metal barrel and command figure (Rettemeier). There are no options here. The turret box is attached, the turret hatch is opened. So, I assembled the figure as designed. Being that I want this to be my company commander and not the specific character that the model was designed for, I cut down the 5cm long to a 5cm short. I want my HQ section to be Panzer III short 5cms. The model was well cast with only a tiny bit of clean up on the metal parts. This mould clearly hasn't been spun as many times as a standard tank and therefore seems much crisper.



Unlike the standard panzer III, this model is covered in stowage. There are sand bags, tarps, jerry cans, spare track, spare road wheels, drums and crates. All this will help my 1ic to stand out from the other tanks in the army.


As I said in my previous review, don't discount the old resin and metal models. The character models especially are great for adding variety to your force.





I cannot wait to paint up this vehicle, I hope you enjoyed this review.


2 comments:

  1. Good thing, I have Afrika and North Africa. As long as we have the old rules we can adapt hero characters to V4. Loved the article. Fair dinkum.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Pork Chop. Yep, lots of the books contain interesting articles. Infantry aces, campaigns, warriors. Worth keeping

    ReplyDelete