Saturday 25 March 2017

Painting: Battlefront Roland Flak Batterie (TGBX08)

Today I test fire the Rolands for my new West Germans.


A while back I un-boxed and reviewed the Battlefront Roland box set. I also reviewed the history of these self propelled West German flak vehicles. You can find that article here.


After some real world delays, I have finally managed to get these 2 Rolands painted up.


I followed my now established paint scheme. For anyone new to this army project, you can find the refined formula here in the Luch article. Like the Gepards, I used the Soviet Green spray as a base coat. 

These vehicles haven't been varnished yet so you might see some gloss varnish around the decals. This will disappear once varnished.


I have another pair of these to paint up which will give me a unit of 4.


I hope you enjoyed my review and painting articles for these lovely models. 




No comments:

Post a Comment