Tuesday 12 September 2017

Pimp My Ride 3 - Battlefront Daimler I

It has been a long time between posts. Real life has got in the way of hobby time of late. I have been overseas for a few weeks and then moved house! The good news is that I have cleared out a little space in my study and I have picked up the painting brush for the first time in a month.

A while back I shared a review of the Battlefront Daimler I. In summary, this is the cutest armoured car in toy town. The review covered 4 blisters of new Daimler Is. I also had some of a mates that needed pimping to match. You can check out the earlier cut and shut articles here and here.

So like the earlier repaints, these models needed some modelling attention before a repaint. After a brush off to remove dust, here is how they looked:



The hatch and commander were missing from the command vehicle. I found some in the spares box. Next I had to remove the side panel which was glued to the front.

I then removed all the wheels, cleaned up the old glue, flash and mount lines. Finally I glued in the commander, hatch and side panels.


The painting was fairly straight forward and I followed the same scheme that you can find detailed in the links above.


Here are some pics of the finished models.


These will be used along side the other 2nd Household Cavalry.


Sadly I didn't have enough decals for unit markings but they do have guards markings.


I hope you enjoyed this article. It is good to be back..





No comments:

Post a Comment